Today’s award for the least convincing spam message goes to the “purchase order” I received. The funny thing is I don’t sell anything so I’m not sure how it could possibly pertain to me. It just goes to show they grab, harvest or purchase email addresses and then send them out in bulk, sort of like fishing with a bucket of bait. With that much bait you are sure to catch something.
If you receive something like this one, which also has a “zip” file to download my suggestion is to send it to spam and keep going. What are the keys to knowing this isn’t a real purchase interest?
- It was in my spam folder – which I do check regularly since sometimes items are mistakenly marked as spam.
- The problems with grammar and punctuation.
- The fact that I don’t sell any items.
- And, that it’s “near” somewhere in Egypt.
- That it has a zip file. Beware of downloadable files, links, and images, especially those that come from those you don’t know.
Sample Email below
A dead giveaway is when my spam filler has this in the RE:
We are interested to Purchase your product, i got your contact information
from two of our customers.
Please contact us with the following below:-
– Your minimum order quantity.
– Your FOB Prices and FOB Port.
– Your estimated delivery time.
Please fine attached company details and requirements below to preview the samples/specifications needed.
GMCC LTD IMPORT & EXPORT
Sheraton Bldgs. Heliopolis,Cairo
Landmark:Near To Radisson Blu Cairo Egypt